Martin is from Scotland but lives and works in the City of London in the enterprise technology and cloud space with a focus on infrastructure and servers in particular. He’s got 11 years experience in infrastructure deployments and support covering the following activities:
- Resource co-ordination and management
- Data center power down and decommission activities
- Data center move projects
- Production support covering servers, blades and applications
- Server virtualization, consolidation and decommissions
- Application and business innovation for service improvement
- Project deliver across platforms and lines of business
- Web application migration and integration
Along side of his day to day work Martin has:
- Start-up advice and guidance for technical and non technical start ups
- How to translate an idea into a solution that can be packaged for enterprise consumption.
- Employment guidance and strategies to aid in career development
- Written and deployed global applications in the iTunes and Android App stores
The blog covers technology tips, achieving business goals through appropriate use of technology and documentation explaining common topics. It’s been running since 2006 and aims to maintain a positive outlook on new technologies with a balanced approach comprised of Martin’s experience in the field speaking with technicians, managers and CIO level leaders.