A brief summary of a conversation with a colleague when asked about the HP MoonShot announcement as we spoke on the train home.
Two aspects to the HP MoonShot solution, the system and the server itself, details are below and were from memory, so do double check the HP site.
HP MoonShot system – the enclosure if you like
- 4.3u in size
- Holds 45 MoonShot devices with dual feeds for redundancy/separate networking requirements
- Hosts the shared cooling, power and networking for all 45 devices
HP MoonShot device or server
- 1x Dual Core Intel Atom processor @ 2.0GHz with 1MB cache
- 8GB RAM
- SATA or SSD up to 1TB
- Dual 1GB Broadcom Ethernet
- OS Support – Ubuntu, SUSE and Red Hat Linux (64bit OS)
The QuickSpecs live here.