I was taking a look at the HP site checking up on news and server information (one of my customers/parners has been talking to me about a new HP Proliant DL360 Gen8 server), and I noticed some new Gen8 servers, I’ve listed them below:
- BL660c Gen8 – a four socket full height blade with support 1TB RAM – brilliant for DB, data analytics, or virtualization
- DL320 Gen8 – single socket 1u server, support for 32GB RAM, 12TB storage support, iLO4 Management Engine, a great entry level offering
- DL560 Gen8 – a four socket server based on the Intel Xeon E5-4600 processor, support for 1.5TB RAM, great for virtualization (check out the benchmarks), data analytics and database.
- ML310e Gen8 – a new entry level tower server, 1 socket, 32GB RAM, 12TB of storage support, iLO4 Management Engine, very impressive single socket tower server.
- There are also their scalable systems their SL230s and SL250s Gen8 servers, I’ve been hearing good things about them in the scalable server space both in terms of energy efficiency and ease of management.
The full details live here.