I first started this last week, you can read about it here.
This week our server of the week is the HP Proliant DL380 Gen8, their latest server to support up to two sockets in a 2u form factor server.
There are two models:
- HP Proliant DL380e Gen8 series – based on the Intel Xeon E5-2400 processor with support for 384GB RAM (12 DIMM slots)
- HP Proliant DL380p Gen8 series – based on the Intel Xeon E5-2600 processor with support for 768GB RAM (24 DIMM slots)
- Up to 6 PCIe slots
- Support for up to 25 small form factor hard drives
- 4x Ethernet ports on board
- HP Integrated Lights Out (ILO 4)
- Smart Array P420i
This server would be an ideal platform for virtualization as well as hosting applications or databases, the new processors, extra memory and storage support further innovates HP’s two socket offering particularly with their Flexible LOM and ILO4.