One of my friends emailed me today, he’s trying to ‘get sign-off’ for VMworld, (he didn’t mention if it was VMworld in San Francisco in August or VMworld in Barcelona in October, regardless, I put together a quick email on the train home which I have summarized and published below:
- Keep up to date with VMware’s latest announcements and products, specifically what they are up to in the cloud and how you might leverage their technologies such as VMware vCenter or VMware vCloud Director.
- Find out how to leverage the virtualization technologies that you have, get questions answered and solve business/technical problems or issues by speaking with the attendees, VMware and it’s partners on site at the conference.
- Attend the sessions and labs to examine the possibilities, witness best practices and speak with others to understand how to meet your business goals, scenarios and objectives.
- Talk with the industry experts and analysts attending, walk around the booths and be informed about the opportunities from VMware and it’s partners.
- Learn more about virtualization and how it fits in with bring your own device, as well as how we can prepare to leverage virtualization and cloud technology to deliver business needs at a lower operating cost.
I’m sure there are more things to think about, but there’s a few ideas, hopefully they’ll help him out so he can attend the conference – you can register for either event here.