I’ve just ordered a HP Proliant ML110 G7, it’s HP’s entry level tower server and I thought that I would compare it to my existing HP Proliant MicroServer. So what’s a HP Proliant ML110 G7?
- Entry level 4u micro-tower server
- It’s single socket tower server based on a range of processors starting with an Intel Celeron up to and rising to the Intel Xeon E3
- It supports 16GB of RAM
- Supports four PCI-e G2 adaptors
- Features embedded Smart Array B110i SATA RAID controller
- Ships with typically 1x SATA hard drive with optional media drive
- Dual on board Gigabith Ethernet ports, one of which can be used for ILO3 remote access!
- All this came in at £256
I’ve ordered one with an Intel Pentium G840 processor, 2GB RAM, the DVD drive and 2GB RAM, enough to run Windows as your first file or application sever. You can read the specs here. I’ll write up some more about it and setting it up.