HP have a remote access card kit (615095-B21) which gives you extra functionality and management capabilities above and beyond their standard offering. Below is a series of videos and pictures illustrating how you do this.
- Unlock the front door of the server and obtain the keyless tool
- Unplug the cables
- Unwind the screws which hold the server in place.
- Now remove the system board tray.
- Turn the server around and unclick the PCI slot holder
- Unscrew the PCI blank plate for PCI slot 2
- Plug the Remote access card into slot 2.
- Now slide the system board back in the bay and re-attach all the cables.
- You then will see the remote access card in bay two, featuring a VGA and additional network port independent of the server’s existing port.
Now we have to switch the server on, configure the card and see how it works – very, very cool!