The last day of HP Discover was spent walking around the booths speaking to the different vendors and HP blogging team to discuss the event, it was great to provide feedback and discuss the highlights for me.
So what memories resound when discussing HP Discover?
- The Keynote from Meg Whitman – very much an introduction, from my standpoint a line under the sand, and a clear strategy moving the company forward with a focus on its core products/services and customer requirements.
- The presentation from Autonomy’s Mike Lynch – illustrating the power of using the information you have for your business – the examples were very compelling
- HP’s Storage announcements were interesting – their new Microsoft Storage offering the HP X5000 G2 Network Attached Storage System, as well as their backup solution, the B6200 StoreOnce backup system.
- The talk and demonstration of HP’s Cloud offering, the ability to setup up applications on demand in minutes using their interface illustrated the possibilities not only for the start up, the SMB but also the business, do I want to speak to IT and request a server, a wordpress instance, or just log on to the cloud, press go?
- Exploring Vienna both for Christmas decorations and mineral water
- Witnessing the live increased downloads of FindMyFirmware – our application for the end user community for server information on the go.